Wait! A Note on Registration:
We’ve launched Cvent—our new events platform!
Registration for any event with a start date after Sept. 28 now requires a CFA Institute account.
I don’t have a CFA Institute account
- No problem! You’ll have the chance to create one prior to registration.
I already have a CFA Institute account
- Great! Be sure to use your existing credentials at registration.
Presented by Wall Street Prep, Unlock the Power of Excel VBA
What You’ll Learn
Start Writing VBA From Scratch
Get up to speed with the VBA environment and dive right into some real-world exercises that will teach you how to write your own code including macros, functions and subroutines.
Immediately Use VBA on the Job
We’ll show you how you can start using macros in a finance setting by running through real-world exercises such as calculating asset returns and building a payback-period calculator.
No Coding Experience Needed
Designed for complete newbies and/or those looking for a refresher. No prior programming knowledge is needed.
Standard Rate: $399
Who is this boot camp for?
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Private equity, asset management and hedge fund associates
- Corporate finance and business development professionals
- MBA students and business undergraduates
- Anyone seeking to improve their Excel skill set
Boot Camp Details
This boot camp is an instructor-led training program that will teach you how to take Excel by the horns and make it do whatever you want through a simple but effective tool called “VBA.” Trainees will be introduced to the VBA environment and star learning how to unlock the secrets of automation and efficiency in Excel VBA using real world finance-related exercises. No prior programming knowledge is needed
What You’ll Learn
Introduction to VBA
- Overview of Visual Basic Editor
- Recording Macros
- Recording with Relative References
- Writing and Editing simple code
- Assigning your code to buttons
- Creating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using the VBA Object Browser
- Financial Application: Calculate asset returns quickly by recording and running a macro.
Procedures and Functions
- Create a User-Defined Function (UDF)
- Working with Modules
- Writing and Editing Functions and Subroutines
- Declaring Variables
- Variable Types
- Utilizing Excel functions inside VBA code
- Debugging VBA
- Financial Application: Create a simple function related to CAPM and more complex functions like those related to M&A deals.
- Repeat a series of actions by using loops such as For…Each…Next
- Recursive syntax within code
- Looping through Collections of Objects
- Financial Application: Build a Payback Period Calculator using loops.
Please note that this power session is an abbreviated version of our 2-day seminar, which covers additional topics such as working with Large Datasets, Input Boxes and Messages Boxes, Userforms and Controls and Querying data and using SQL in VBA and associated exercises.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real- world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
This virtual training session is scheduled for 1-5p (ET). The session will use interactive exercises as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture and small group breakout rooms.
Earn 4.5 CPE Credits for this Seminar
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.