Wait! A Note on Registration:
We’ve launched Cvent—our new events platform!
Registration for any event with a start date after Sept. 28 now requires a CFA Institute account.
I don’t have a CFA Institute account
- No problem! You’ll have the chance to create one prior to registration.
I already have a CFA Institute account
- Great! Be sure to use your existing credentials at registration.
A one-day virtual conference, Presented by Cognitir
Having a keen understanding of SQL is important as a great deal of corporate data is stored in tabular format . Being able to efficiently work with very large tables to access key information can help professionals add unprecedented value to their organizations as they can better answer various strategic questions after accessing such data. Such information can help organizations develop and sustain competitive advantages . As a result, employers often rank SQL skills as one of the most important skills for today’s professional .
In this hands-on training, participants will learn introductory SQL concepts and queries, which will help them effectively work with relational databases.
What This Course Offers
- Understanding of Databases – An overview of relational and nonrelational databases and where SQL fits into the story.
- Hands-on SQL experience- This classes use hands-on exercises to help students apply theory to practice. Students write their own SQL queries during the workshop.
- Problem Solving Strategies – Understanding of how to use SQL to answer key strategic questions.
- Exposure to Database Management Systems – Understanding of what database management systems exist and how to pick one for your organization.
- Project Portfolio – Coding projects and snippets to showcase if you are job-hunting.
- Boost Your Resume – All Cognitir participants receive a certificate of completion, and instructions on how to add the course to their LinkedIn profiles
Who Is This For
This class is relevant for professionals in FP&A, business intelligence, corporate strategy, corporate development, PE/VC, data analytics, and data science roles.
No prior programming or database experience required.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE WITH DATABASES AND/OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING TO JOIN THIS COURSE?
No, you do not need any prior experience with databases or experience programming to take this course. While some exposure to databases might be helpful in internalizing the concepts, there are absolutely no prerequisites. Attendees with and without database experience have greatly benefited from taking this course.
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT FROM ADVANCED SQL?
This course provides the core SQL foundation but is not able to dive deep into every topic given timing constraints. Advanced SQL provides deeper dives into certain queries and provides more challenging query practice to train participants to handle any query task on the job.
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT LAPTOP FOR THIS COURSE?
You will need a PC (Windows Vista or newer), Mac (OS X 10.7 or newer), or Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat and others; CentOS 5+). Please contact us if you are planning to use a different setup for this course.
DO I NEED TO INSTALL SOFTWARE FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, you will need to download and install free database software on your laptop. In case you are planning on using a company laptop, please make sure that you have the necessary rights to install the tools. You will receive detailed information on the download and installation procedures during the course and Cognitir will assist you with any setup issues.