Wait! A Note on Registration:
We’ve launched Cvent—our new events platform!
Registration for any event with a start date after Sept. 28 now requires a CFA Institute account.
I don’t have a CFA Institute account
- No problem! You’ll have the chance to create one prior to registration.
I already have a CFA Institute account
- Great! Be sure to use your existing credentials at registration.
Presented by Wall Street Prep, learn about real world “on the job” multifamily real estate modeling
What You’ll Learn
Build a Multifamily Real Estate Model Step-By-Step
How do private equity and real estate professionals build financial models to analyze whether to invest in a multi-family property?
In this virtual “Power Session,” you will learn how a real multifamily model is constructed and used to generate key investment insights.
Excel Model Template Included
A comprehensive reusable multifamily real estate model template is included with this course.
Standard Rate: $399
Who is this boot camp for?
- Professionals and students pursuing careers in Real Estate Private Equity.
- Real estate professionals looking to add financial modeling skills to their existing skill set.
- Individual investors and anyone interested in the Real Estate industry.
Boot Camp Details
Designed for investment banking, PE and real estate investment professionals, you will learn how professionals underwrite and analyze multi-family properties in order to evaluate investment opportunities and drive valuation. This course does not assume a prior background in Real Estate. However, this course is taught at a fast pace and those who enroll should have an introductory knowledge of accounting and proficiency in Excel.
- Using a typical offering memorandum (OM) to extract key detail used in the model
- How historical financials drive the pro-forma
- Projecting top-line revenue performance (effective vs. gross rent)Modeling occupancy/vacancy loss, non-revenue units, and uncollectible rent assumptions
- Getting to NOI: Projecting the most common operating expenses
- How to underwrite capital expenditures (defensive vs. offensive)
- How to calculate levered returns
- Modeling the key equity and debt metrics in multifamily real estate (Yield-on-cost, Cash-on
- cash yield, DSCR, and debt yield)
- Understanding value allocation
- Modeling Sources & Uses
- Constructing the NOI and Returns Summary tables
- Sensitizing key outputs to frame purchase price ranges for a multi-family real estate property
- Typical return profile for a multi-family
- Financial due diligence: Sales comparable and market surveys
This virtual training session is scheduled for 1-5p (ET). The session will use interactive exercises as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture and small group breakout rooms.
Comprehensive training materials and unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real-world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
Earn 4.5 CPE Credits for this Seminar
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.