Wait! A Note on Registration:
We’ve launched Cvent—our new events platform!
Registration for any event with a start date after Sept. 28 now requires a CFA Institute account.
I don’t have a CFA Institute account
- No problem! You’ll have the chance to create one prior to registration.
I already have a CFA Institute account
- Great! Be sure to use your existing credentials at registration.
Presented by Wall Street Prep, learn Financial Modeling & Analysis for the SaaS Industry
What You’ll Learn
- Overview of a SaaS and other recurring revenue operating model
- Understanding and evaluating common recurring revenue constructs
- SaaS Metrics: TCV and ACV Bookings vs. billings
- Recurring revenue metrics: ARR, MRR vs. revenue vs. deferred revenue
- Churn; net revenue retention, gross vs. net adds
- Performing a Cohort Analysis
- Understanding and evaluating SaaS gross margin
- LTV/CAC and Unit Economics: Estimating Customer Lifetime Value, Customer Acquisition Cost
- Implications of the cohort analysis and LTV/CAC work and SaaS industry benchmarks
- Data analysis: Locating/aggregating the necessary data
Standard Rate: $1499
Boot Camp Details
Led by experienced SaaS-focused investment professionals, this boot camp is an introduction on the real world tools used by investment professionals to analyze and forecast revenue and margins for SaaS and other recurring revenue based businesses
Specifically, trainees will learn the “how” and “why” of modeling a recurring revenue company’s ARR and MRR, how to contrast these non-GAAP metrics to revenue, how to perform cohort analyses and analyze churn, as well as how to analyze unit economics like LTV/CAC to better understand a businesses and to ultimately make better investment decisions.
Who is this boot camp for?
- Venture Capital, Growth Equity and Private Equity Professionals
- TMT Investment Banking Professionals
- Technology-Focused Investment Professionals
- FP&A, Business Development and Corporate Finance professionals at SaaS businesses
- Finance students and anyone interested in analyzing SaaS businesses
This virtual training session is scheduled for 10a-5p (ET). The session will use interactive exercises as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture and small group breakout rooms.
Comprehensive training materials, reusable modifiable Excel model templates, unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
This seminar presumes knowledge of financial accounting (at least 1 semester or equivalent). Participants without this background should enroll in and complete the Accounting Crash Course prior to attending the seminar.
Earn 8 CPE Credits for this Seminar
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.