Wait! A Note on Registration:
We’ve launched Cvent—our new events platform!
Registration for any event with a start date after Sept. 28 now requires a CFA Institute account.
I don’t have a CFA Institute account
- No problem! You’ll have the chance to create one prior to registration.
I already have a CFA Institute account
- Great! Be sure to use your existing credentials at registration.
Join our Veterans Roundtable group for an evening of conversation and networking that centers the experience and leadership capacity of military veterans. Learn how veterans and military spouses employed in finance can better take inventory of their strengths, preferences, and tolerances to make fulfilling long-term career decisions.
This two-hour event will feature a keynote presentation, followed by a panel discussion where veterans will share practical examples drawn from their lived experience leveraging skills learned through military service to further successful careers in finance. Attendees will have ample opportunities to engage with speakers during a subsequent Q&A session.
6:00 PM | OPENING REMARKS
Won Palisoul, Chair – Veterans Roundtable, CFA Society New York
6:10 PM | KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
Mike Slagh, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Shift
6:35 PM | BREAK
6:40 PM | PANEL DISCUSSION
Christopher Mendez, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Commonwealth Asset Management LP
Mona Dexter, Chief of Staff, Vice President of Operations & Communications, Hiring Our Heroes
Terrence Hayes, Press Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Margot Phillips, Strategy Lab Director, Management Leadership for Tomorrow
C. Colin Supko, Director, Trusted Capital, Department of Defense
7:30 PM | Q&A
8:00 PM | CLOSING REMARKS
Andrew Auslander, CFA, FRM, Co-Chair – Value Investing Group, CFA Society New York
- Understand the value of hiring veterans and military spouses
- Discuss how to leverage background in military service to transition successfully to roles within the financial industry
- Focus on key highlights for selling a differentiated skill set during a job search, resume conversion, and interview prep